TOP TEN | Week 1: Good Reasons
Top Ten Reasons You Should Tithe
10. The last few Sundays, the lead usher has gotten up halfway through service and turned off the A/C.
9. Parking meters have been installed in the church parking lot.
8. During communion, each entire row is asked to share one tiny cup and one little wafer.
7. The drum set had to be sold – now the drummer just bangs on pots and pans with wooden spoons during worship!
6. The food tastes funny at the faith cafe ever since they “lost” all of their wooden spoons.
5. When the offering bags wore out, the church started using Walmart bags for collection.
4. Greeters have been charging $10 at the door just to enter the building!
3. The baptismal tank is still filled with water from 2019.
2. The church had to create a TYOTP policy (Bring Your Own Toliet Paper.)
1. Because the Bible says so!
Lol, no, here are the top ten real reasons you should tithe.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33
10. IT PUTS GOD FIRST IN MY LIFE
I Corinthians 16:1-2 NKJV 1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: 2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.
Colossians 1:18 NKJV 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Exodus 23:19 NKJV 19 The first of the first fruits of your land you shall bring into the house of the Lord your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.
Proverbs 3:9-10 NKJV 9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
9. THE NEW TESTAMENT AND JESUS AFFIRM THE PRACTICE OF TITHING
Matthew 23:23 NIV 23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
8. TITHING MOVES THE MINISTRY FORWARD
Malachi 3:10 NIV 10Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
7. IT GIVES ME PASSION FOR GOD’S MISSION AND THE CHURCH’S VISION
Matthew 6:21 NIV 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
6. IT PROVIDES DEFENSE AGAINST THE ENEMY
Malachi 3:11 NIV 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty
Malachi 3:9 “You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me…”
5. IT HELPS ME LIVE BY FAITH
HE DIDN’T INVENT TITHING SO THAT THE CHURCH COULD GROW. HE INVENTED IT SO YOUR FAITH COULD GROW.
Romans 11:16 NIV 16 For if the first fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
4. I WANT TO BE BLESSED
Malachi 3:10 NIV 10“…And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.”
3. IT BREAKS GREED OFF MY LIFE
Matthew 6:24 NIV 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
2. IT CAN HELP BRING SPIRITUAL BREAKTHROUGH
2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:10-11 NIV 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
1. I WANT TO BE OBEDIENT
Leviticus 27:30 NIV 30 A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD
Malachi 3:8-10 NIV 8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.