Acts 1:9-11 NIV
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
Matthew 24:37-39 NKJV
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
Matthew 24:42 NKJV
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
Matthew 24:44 NKJV
44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Luke 21:34 NKJV
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
Genesis 6:5-6 NKJV
5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Genesis 6:8 NKJV
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord .
Genesis 6:13 NKJV
13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Amos 3:7 NKJV
7 Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
1. To stir us up to seek Him
2. To convict us of the sin of cozying up to the culture of this world and letting it influence us more than the Word of God
3. To admonish us to be a Noah—preaching and sharing the good news of Christ even in the face of opposition
Matthew 24:42 NLT
42 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.
You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
For those of us that love Christ, we love the thought of His appearing.
I John 3:3 NKJV
3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
1. the rapid rise of divorce, the undermining of the dignity and
sanctity of the home, the basis of human society
2. higher and higher taxes and the spending of public monies for free bread and amusements for the populace
3. the mad craze for pleasure, sports becoming more exciting and more brutal every year
4. the building of gigantic armaments when the real enemy was decadence of the people
5. the decay of religion, faith fading into mere form and tradition, losing touch with life and becoming impotent in warning and guiding people
II Peter 3:9 NKJV
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
David said about him:
“‘I saw the Lord always before my face.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken (moved).
The literal meaning here is, “I was always in His presence beholding His face.”
Jesus was saying none of these problems, evils or coming events
can cast Him down or shake His confidence. “My Father is in
Acts 2:28 NIVUK
28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.”